The mind of Barbie

Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Mating Season

Ever wonder how certain animals mate? Sometimes it seems like the mechanics of certain animals just wouldn't line up. Well, I've got the photos for you! Mating, mating and more mating. This is for educational purposes though, so any readers breaking out the hand lotion should stop now. Here are the top 5 animals I always wondered about:

1. The Giraffe



Now seriously, the Giraffe has always been one of my favorite animals to stare at during those little gay safari trips around 6 flags but I always wondered how it could possibly mate with those giant legs. I knew it was a mammal, so obviously there was going to be some humping sooner or later! They usually mate in October and start with signs of loving like scraping and stomping their feet. People once thought this was just because of fleas from pumpkins at the end of a harvest season but it was found their feet are impervious to fleas.


2. The turtle.

How a turtle mates has always a mystery to me. I knew they hatched their baby turtles on the beach but how did they make them?


These horny little turtles make squaking sounds like birds when they mate and often the male turtle will bite the female turtle on the back of the neck since she will try to pull away. The female turtle then lays eggs in the sand and then moves on with life.

3. The Whale

Most people know that whales are mammals so they probably figure they mate like we do but it's still pretty weird to see it! Yes, that giant thing that looks like the most dangerous spear in the world is his penis. And yes, the wizard sleeve is the whales vagina. Makes me feel better about mine...



4. The Ostrich

This one was brought up to me by my sister and after she said she didn't understand how they mated, I realized I had no answer for her. Well, here it is!

They mate like most animals but the male must have extreme balance since it has no arms. Typical to the human species, the females dance for the males and then the male charges towards the one it likes the best and humps her. It lasts 3 to 4 minutes and then the male ostrich runs away.

5. The Lizard

This isn't really a typical one I'd think of. I don't really care for reptiles but since someone out there probably owns 5 and scares away potential girlfriends, this part is for you. Lizards and snakes have sex. *Shudders*



It is impossible for the male lizard to mount the female from behind, he has to go in on the side. I guess they work it out eventually.

Well, there you have it- 5 species making the love. Now be careful which of the newly aquired facts you choose to share in the office place. Not everyone will be as receptive to the mating of ostrich's as you are.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home